What is self-exclusion?
By law, self-exclusion must be provided as an option by gambling operators in the UK.
It is a process when you can ask a gambling operator to exclude you from gambling with them for a set length of time – usually between six months and five years. In practice, it means you will be refused service in the venues where you have self-excluded.
ISD has supplied both the Bingo Association and BACTA with their relevant scheme solutions. For operators currently using or planning to use Maxim, we have integrated both trade bodies’ schemes to enable venue entry-checking on swipe or scan of a membership card, or using a photo gallery.
Our market-leading system is always connected to self-exclusion entries, and keeps you fully compliant with the gaming laws appertaining to self-exclusion.
It carries out checks on new members, and reports and logs information that can be transmitted instantly to other clubs and branches in the loop.
It also sends information into a central server to enable The Gambling Commission to keep valuable statistics.
For our Maxim.NET customers, the application is fully connected via an API to the Bingo Association Self Exclusion database.
If you don’t use Maxim.NET, you can still use our Self-Exclusion software, which offers you:
- Web-based system for instant access
- Full API to integrate with your existing systems
- Browser-optimised for phone, tablet or PC
- Adjustable/variable radius-based exclusion
- Excludes nationally
- Alerts all clubs in the radius about the exclusion
- Configurable gallery based view
- Powerful reporting tool
Maxim carries out instant checking when new members join, to ensure the customer has not self-excluded at any other retail Bingo site.
For sites that use our customer-facing door entry kiosks, staff are immediately notified of a potential breach and can act accordingly.
SELF EXCLUSION BENEFITS
- Designed and implemented jointly with The Bingo Association and BACTA trade organisations
- Real time membership checking
- Centralised solution
- Secure and encrypted data SSL
- Strict data protection policy
- European server location
- No special hardware needed, just an internet connection
Within both Bingo Association and BACTA schemes, ISD has created fully-integrated tool sets to allow operators to add new exclusions directly from within our products and services. Our aim is to make this process as easy as possible for our users, and most importantly to use technology as an effective tool to assist problem gamblers to exclude themselves.
- All non-remote operators who are premises licence holders in the arcade, betting, bingo and casino sectors are required to participate in a multi-operator self-exclusion scheme
- LCCP: Social Responsibility code 3.5.6
- Start date was April 2016
The licensed Bingo industry scheme requires a customer to complete an application form and provide a digital image of themselves. The customer’s details are then added to a secure national database of individuals who have asked to be excluded from licensed bingo premises in Great Britain.
Licensees must offer customers with whom they enter into a self-exclusion agreement the ability to self-exclude from the same kind of gambling offered in their locality by any other holder of an operating licence to whom this provision applies, by participating in one or more available multi-operator self-exclusion schemes.